18 February 2013

Reclaiming The Day Off

My weekend was not productive.
In the least.

So today - President's Day - I have strived to get some of the stuff that needed doing done.

Laundry - check.
Well, except for one load.  I only had enough quarters to do 3 loads.
I even put it all away.  Including the stuff from last weeks 2 loads.
I don't know why I'm horrible at putting laundry away.

Change my Sheets - check.
They weren't the one's that came out of the dryer.
Instead I went with the fleece ones. They are so very comfy and cozy.

Grocery Shop - check.
I'm cooking for the week today.

I made an egg dish for lunch.
It includes 3 eggs plus 3 egg whites poured over garlic potato wedges, asparagus, mushroom, and green onions. I baked it in the oven and will cut it into 4 sections.  It's 2.5 points + for that part of it.
I'll eat it with a 1/2 slice of thin bread (1.5 points +) and 1/2 a wedge of laughing cow cheese (.5 points +)
There will also be a piece of fruit in there and pineapple paradise hot dog (3 points +).
Lunch will be a total of 8 points +

Dinner is in the crock pot.
I have not utilized my crock pot at all.
Black Beans, green chilies, jalapeno salsa, and chicken.
It'll be eaten in a tortilla with cheese (2 points + each)
Dinner will be a total of 10 points +

My dinner was inspired by this recipe, which I found at Skinnytaste.com
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/12/slow-cooker-chicken-black-bean-tacos.html#more

My hot dogs are these - and are the most delicious
http://www.aidells.com/product/14025

The day is being accompanied with my old friend Alias.
I own the series - but it's on Netflix streaming. So I've got it on in the background.

I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted - but I did get some things done.
And that's a plus.

Also - I'm really looking forward to my lunch and dinner this week.


No comments: