17 February 2013

Typical Me

It's so typical of me to start blogging at a very consistent rate - then to just fall of the planet.
I don't know why.
I have so much to say!

First off the weight loss journey.
I've managed to loose a total of 12 pounds.
I reached my 5% goal.

This is very exciting as I had a pretty rough week. Valentine's week brought out the fat girl monster.
She wanted to eat all of the things.  It was pretty bad.  It also didn't help that one of the teachers at the school I work out did a bake sale (For the staff - all of the money went to a local charity).  She's an amazing baker and I just couldn't resist.

At some point on Wednesday I was able to get over the weird "stuff my face" mode.
Thursday, my usual weigh in day, however I chose to go to water aerobics and skating rather than weigh in.  Not because I didn't want to weigh in, but because I felt I needed to get more movement in.
I weighed in on Friday instead.

So if you ask how my Valentine's day went: it was just another day at work followed by deep water aerobics and skating.

I don't think the concept of Valentine's day made me sad.  I've never been a huge fan of the day.  I do miss being in a relationship however.  And I find more and more that all my female friends and many of my male friends are in agreement that I'm pretty awesome - yet they have nobody they can think of that is worthy enough to date me.  Meaning they all have too high of an opinion of me.  Talking with a friend today, she just assumed that I was fighting off the guys because I wanted to be single.
If only.

Seriously - fun girl looking for a great guy.  

Other things.
Last night was the 8th Annual Anti Valentine's Day Party put on by The Heartless Heather's.  
As usual it was all of the fun.  I'm thinking that next year will be the year I do the wheel of misfortune.  
Assuming they have it.  I don't know that I'll ever have the balls to enter the spanking booth.  

Work.
One of my co-workers has really brought out my appreciation for the way I was raised.  My mother was always on me about not doing things half assed.  Don't get me wrong, to this day, there are plenty of things I only put in 75% of the effort.  But not at work.  
He drives me crazy.  Breaks not only mean that I get to an extra day or two away from the kids but also from him.  At first I felt bad about this....but now I don't.  It's exhausting.  I wish that at the beginning of the year I'd started writing down all of the mind blowing things that have happened.

I feel like there's more.
I know there is.
But this will have to do for now.

No comments: