28 February 2013

The Trouble With Men.

I'd like to think that I'm a pretty easy going individual.
One who knows how to play it cool and not be overly swoon-like.
One who, while I might be smitten, can hold a regular ol' conversation with you.  

Today- I found that this is apparently not true.  
But the reaction from the individual as well as myself were both negative.  
Or rather - I perceived their reaction to be negative.  

Also - being set up on a blind date - is kind of tragic.
Especially when the other party decides that it feels 'forced' and 
decides they'd rather meet in a group setting.  

I sent a nice "I understand" reply.
But you know what? I don't.  Perhaps it's because if anything - I didn't view it as a date.  
I looked at it as an opportunity to meet a person outside of my small circle of people.  

Exhausting.  

No really.  

I've said I'm going to give up.  
Raise my little white flag.  Resign to living a life alone.  
I can't even say I feel like I've been trying.  
Because honestly, I haven't been.  
I haven't been overly flirty.
I haven't been chasing.  

Don't they say love comes to those who wait? 
Perhaps I'm not the best at waiting.  
But I've come to the conclusion that I might as well just expect to be single for always.


No comments: