19 March 2013

On My Mind....

Oh Blogging World - sometimes I write all of the things all of the times.
Other times - ok, most of the time - I have to sit myself down and remember that I started this thing and it's up to me to continue it.

There's so much swirling around in my head right now.

First: Why am I feeling a sense of sadness right now? 
I was skating at Oaks on Sunday night and a wash of sadness came over me midway through the evening.
I don't know what brought it on and I have yet to figure out what it's about.  It's not a strong sense of sadness.  Just a sort of "meh" feeling.  I usually have cycles of being slightly depressed.  But this doesn't feel the same.

Second: Why am I already failing with the weight loss?
I've already hit a speed bump in my weight loss journey.  I can feel myself slipping back into old habits.
I have yet to break my sweet tooth.  I just can't seem to get over that hurdle.  I don't eat as much bread. So that's a good thing.  I'm also not getting in enough exercise.  I get home and sit my ass down on the couch. It's such a horrible habit. I realized that what I need to do is have my walking shoes with me and drive over to the track by the high school and just walk for 30 min to an hour after work depending on what day it is.  I've been good with going skating on Sun/Thurs and water aerobics on Tues.  But I need to up it.  I need to do weights.  I need to remember I'm doing this because I don't want the same health issues as my mom.
I am participating in the Retro Run - and I'm pretty excited!
http://www.theretrorun5k.com/#!portland/c1450

Third: Our society scares me
The rape. The murder. The inability to see past our own noses.
I think Henry Rollins says everything that I could ever want to say.  This man.  I need to learn more about him. One of my college suite-mates loved him (still does to this day actually), and I never fully understood her obsession.  The more I learn about him, the more I want to spend a day just listening to him talk things through. Please click on and read the link (so long as it works, I had trouble with his website earlier this evening).  
http://henryrollins.com/dispatch/detail/dispatch_03-17-12_los_angeles/

Fourth: How can I better cultivate the friendships I have/expand my network? 
My community is small here in Portland. Well, ok not small.  It's roller derby.
So I guess it's just not diverse.  When I hosted my 30th birthday - all the people were roller derby. There were no work people or folks from other circles.  I'm not bothered by this. I just realize that I need to stretch myself and get out and do other things.
I'm not sure where to start on the getting involved elsewhere.
But I do want to host at least these two parties this year: White Trash Bunco and a Coloring Party.
The Coloring Party idea belongs to my friend and better blogger Aurora.
She's seriously been inspiring me since college (and is the same one who has loved Henry Rollins all these years)
http://www.auroralady.com/have-your-own-coloring-book-party/

There's a bit more - but this is a pretty long post already.



No comments: