08 March 2013

Weight Loss Check in Week "9"

Since the 3 day bout weekend in February I have not been tracking.
I'm not sure why.  I just haven't done it.  There have been a few days here and there that I've written some stuff down.  But for some reason I let myself "fall off the wagon"

I must have been sort of aware of what I was eating however.  And, other than not getting in any exercise when I was sick I have gone to water aerobics and skating.

My last weigh in was 2/21.
That was 2 weeks ago.
Ok - technically 15 days ago.
I should be on week 10 - back on track now.  And that's what matters.

I chose to not go to my meeting last night.  The sun was shining. I wanted one last day of being off the wagon.  Truffle fries and a steamed bbq pork hum bao for dinner.  Thank you Jade Teahouse (if you've never eaten there - it's mega delicious and really affordable - http://www.jadeportland.com/).
I ate outside.  Enjoyed my meal while two dogs stared at me, asking me with their eyes to throw them a taste of deliciousness.  I did not oblige.

Instead I weighed in this morning.  For Friday at 9:30 am - the meeting was packed! I stepped up to the scale thinking that I had probably gained at least a little bit of the weight back.  Or at least stayed somewhere around the same.
I was shocked to see the results.  A loss of 3.4 pounds.  What? That's crazy.
I am aware that I usually weigh in at night, after I've eaten all day and that this means things could be a little skewed.  But I'll take it!
It also means that I've now lost a grand total of 15.8 pounds and I have a new daily point target (DPT) of 28.

I know that the lower the DPT, the better.  But it's always bitter sweet - going down a point.  Less food I get to consume that isn't zero point fruit or veggies.  I know.  Fruits and Veggies are better for me.  But I am still having trouble managing my sweet tooth.  Not sure why it's so much harder this time than the last.

I've got a 4 day weekend (3 days after today).  I need to do some self reflection and re-work my daily eating plan. I also need to figure out a work out plan.  This might mean waking up earlier and that really doesn't excite me.  But, I'm definitely not getting in enough exercise.



No comments: