24 January 2013

20 Random Facts About Me - Taire (Question #1)

1. My name is from an episode of Star Trek - Season 2, Episode 19: A Private Little War.  

2. I am an only child who grew up in a single parent household.

3. Pictures of me from High School can be categorized  into three groups: Girl Scouts, Band, and Youth Group.

4. Going skydiving is on my list of things to do.

5. I own all 10 seasons of Friends.  I never start from the beginning when I put em on though.  Usually season 3 or 4.  

6. I didn’t start driving until 2009.  I was 27 years old.   

7. When I moved to Buffalo in November of 2004 I didn’t know anybody.  It was thrilling and so very frightening all at the same time.

8. The year I turned 25 I treated myself to a massage and a haircut.  I sat in the stylist’s chair for well over an hour. She was scared of my curly hair.  I was finally rescued by the shop owner who had curly hair himself.  

9. My first shot was with a drag queen in Buffalo

10. I don’t like the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

11. When I was little I wanted my name to be Summer and I aspired to be either a Nurse or an Ice Skater. I didn’t go ice skating until I was in Jr. High.

12. I would only drink chocolate milk when I was younger.  It had to be very cold.  But no ice in it.  It weirded me out that one of my college roommates put ice in her milk.  But she had a weird oral fixation with chewing on the stuff.  Oh wait...that’s not really about me, is it?

13. I used to practice tap dancing in the grocery store - this was while I attended Jr. College.  

14. I grew up with a rotary telephone and a black and white tv.  If you’ve done the math from my previous facts - I was born in 1982.  I received Annie and Peter Pan before we had a color TV or a VCR.

15. The only pet I’ve ever had was a rat named Brown Sugar.  I grew up in an apartment complex and I’m not sure if they didn’t allow large pets or if my mom just never wanted us to have one.  When she died, my mom buried her (in a box) under the Office Depot that was being built in my hometown.  

16. I have a half brother that I’ve only met once.  His name is Jason.  We have the same paternal DNA.

17. I’ve tried star fruit and dragon fruit.  I liked neither.  

18.  I almost never remember my dreams - unless they are amazingly crazy and weird.  And that is really rare.  

19.  I have never traveled abroad - save for going to Jamaica on a cruise.  This fact makes me sad.  Eventually I’d like to travel to England where my grandmother was born.  And Australia.  

20.  I feel like even though I am 30 I still have a long way to go in developing who I am.  

No comments: