23 January 2013

Feeding the Hunger or Why Do I ALWAYS Want Chocolate

No Really - I think there might be something wrong with me.

I am constantly craving chocolate.
And no, it has nothing to do with what time of the month it is.

Clearly I am missing a key ingredient in my diet.
All signs lead to Magnesium.

Further research shows me the top 10 Foods Highest in Magnesium:
1. Bran
2. Dried Herbs
3. Squash, Pumpkin, and Watermelon Seeds (Dried or Roasted)
4. Cocoa Powder (Dark Chocolate)....It's not a list that replaces chocolate, but for my purpose it is ironic
5. Flax, Sesame Seeds, and Sesame Butter
6. Brazil Nuts
7. Sunflower Seeds
8. Almonds and Cashews
9. Molasses
10. Dry Roasted Soybeans (Edamame)

This list came from this link: http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php

The problem is with WW I try to stay away from nuts.  They are just plain high in points.
Edamame, while delicious, is also not a super point friendly food.

Dr. Oz has a slightly different list - which includes bananas (something I have one of daily) and kidney beans - which this week I am eating in my lunch.
http://www.doctoroz.com/slideshow/magnesium-grocery-list#slide-1

Clearly I need to figure out something.
For now, I'll continue to try and curb my sweet tooth/chocolate craving with tea and fruit and perhaps some oatmeal.

No comments: