29 January 2013

Quesadilla

I'm sharing this with you.
The most deliciously simple meal I've made.

The secret? Having already roasted brussels sprouts on hand.
Oh and finding huge tortillas that are only 2 points plus value each.
Tuck this simple little meal in your back pocket.  I had it after water aerobics this evening and I'll totally be having it tomorrow night.

1 Tortilla (2pts)
1 wedge laughing cow cheese (I used garlic herb because it's what I had on hand) (1pt)
28 grams shredded low fat cheese (2pts)
1 egg - scrambled (2pts) (tomorrow night I'll add an egg white to the whole egg for the addition of 0pts)
Handful of quartered roasted brussels sprouts (1 pt due to the oil used in the process of roasting)
2 strips MorningstarFarms "bacon" (1pt)

9pts plus for a delicious and filling meal.

Tomorrow night I'll add the bell pepper that I forgot to add tonight, giving it more flavor and adding in more bulk/filling-ness.

I'd tell you the brand of tortillas - but that'll have to come in an edit.  My feet are toasty warm in my sheets and I don't feel like venturing to the kitchen.  (yes, a little lazy - but I did water aerobics this evening, so I'm allowed a little lazy)

EDIT! 
The tortillas that I found are from La Tortilla Factory and are called Smart Delicious Tortillas. 
I purchased them at a QFC in Portland, Ore.

No comments: