06 January 2013

Do I Step Out Completely?

Last night as I was lying in bed attempting to go to sleep I found myself writing a letter in my head to an organization.

One that I've given 2 yrs of my life to.
As I was writing this letter I realized that I don't find what I'm doing fun.

I've lost my zeal for it.

I think I somewhat realized this awhile ago - but fully realized it last night.

There is so much negative energy right now and so little being done about it.
And I find myself not wanting to be there.

I used to be able to cheer for all in some way.  I might have preferred certain folks, but I could get behind everybody and show support.
That feeling is gone.
Left the building.

I still love the concept. What they do for the community.

Here's my problem - what I've been doing the past year and a half, there's really nobody who is primed to take my place.  There's nobody that has shown interest.  Most are involved in some other capacity.
So stepping out would make me feel guilty.  I can't completely blame the organization.  I'm the one who dedicated so much time. Who let them use me to the best of my ability.
Guilt via a volunteer position.
That's not right is it?

I'm so unsure of what to do right now.


No comments: