19 January 2013

Bout Day

Today is the Season 8 Opener for the Rose City Rollers.

It marks my third season opener.  Though, the first one I'm pretty sure I was oblivious to it being a season opener as I was still somewhat new.

This bout is more magical because it is held at Memorial Coliseum and it's a double header.
We don't often do double headers.  We do 2-3 bout weekends instead.
In some ways, I wish we'd do more double headers.
But our fans don't like them as much.

This particular bout also happens to overlap Rat Cities Season Opener.
As well as a few other minor leagues who are having bouts.

Things are becoming more mixed up in our worlds.
More bouts are overlapping.  Even over tournament weekends.
Or maybe that's just us - silly Rose is having a 3 day bout weekend the same weekend as a
tournament that is in our own state.

At any rate, after this bout I'll be taking 3-4 weeks off.
I need to regroup, and decide what role I want to continue with.
If any.

I also really wish I didn't have a head cold.
I'll be bringing a box of tissues to the event.
Along with my water bottle (though, that's typical)

No comments: