13 January 2013

Cooking, Cooking, Cooking

So I am tragically poor.

Thankfully, when I thought I had money I had purchased a spaghetti squash and salmon.
Today I managed to spend under $40 at the store and have spent the day cooking for the week.

Lunch will be 1oz salmon which was cooked in the toaster oven.  I only added lemon salt and some other seasoning.  Along with the salmon will be 3oz of spaghetti squash.  Today was my first time ever making it!
The hardest part was cutting the squash in half.  After scraping out the guts I placed it cut side down on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for about 40 min (oven was set at 375).  Once cooked, I scraped out the inside with a fork and added in a little olive oil and some garlic powder.  I'll be adding in some cooked down arugula (it ends up being 3 points plus)

Dinner will be Potato Kale Soup.  I took the recipe in one of the WW cookbooks, but did it all in the crock pot.  I added a little pepper for taste and Kale! The broth is pretty tasty.  It comes out to 5 points plus per serving.  It's highly likely I'll add some chicken.  We shall see though.

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get bored with all of this.

I'm proud of myself for getting this done on the weekend.
Though, I do need to go make a few smoothies.  So I've got that done also.

On a side note - I totally have my outfits for the week picked out.  This is not the usual.
Trying to form new habits and do things that are good for me.

No comments: