01 January 2013

2013

It's a new year!

I don't make resolutions typically - but I do try and make goals.
Have I figured them out yet? Nope.
I do know that my number one goal this year will be improving me.
My lifestyle.
My weight.
The choices I make.
All of them need to have the end product of making a better me.
Perhaps that is a good enough start.

The first good choice I made was to ring in the New Year with some rather wonderful people.  While this year lacked a friend bursting through the door to join the countdown with 5 seconds left or hot jamz, it was delightful none the less.  There was a lot of laughter and joy.  I tried drinking vinegar for the first time (mixed with a shot of vodka and some club soda - it was pretty tasty).  I shared delicious food.  And I laughed while a large group of us played cards against humanity.

Here is to 2013.
I know that it's going to be a great year because I will make it so.
And I will do my best to overcome the inevitable bumps in the road, not alone, but by seeking out the companionship and help of my friends.

No comments: